Friday, August 15, 2008

Farewell "Sweet Home Alabama"

Wow...nearly a month since my last post. What a whirlwind!

My final weeks at the Philip Hayden Foundation in China were some of my sweetest. After spending a summer with God's most precious miracles, my heart has been changed in so many new ways. New perspectives for so many things - cultures, world views, America - even a new glimpse into the heart of adoption, something I have longed to be a part of since college.


How I long to share so many of these things here over the coming weeks.


As I finished up my internship at PHF, my camera was either lost/stolen so I am without so many of my pictures - or pictures through "my eyes." Some sweet friends have shared many of their pictures with me and my China BFF even took a photo shoot with me and my sweet Charlotte before I left on my last day. I can't wait to share those pictures. :)


As I have returned to the States and begun my adjustment, I have had a very difficult time with being awake at the appropriate hours. However, ready or not, I returned to work to train my awesome replacement, Elaine. She and I really got to know each other well over our few days together and even remarked that we were so upset we wouldn't be working together! (Good Luck, Elaine, I hope you are making it without me!) And thank you to everyone at SMA who took time to share in my life and allow me to be a part of yours!


So, the journey continues. Today is Friday...and my final day living in Alabama, at least for now! Tonight I begin the trek to Pennsylvania - my new home state. How funny to say that! I'm really not sure where I will be living specifically, but as always, the Lord will prove faithful to provide the perfect home. :) I begin grad school on August 25, so I have about a week to adjust. I am so very excited about this next journey and this life that is bringing such adventure. I look forward to the people I will meet and the things I will learn as I change careers (to Occupational Therapy) and gain new opportunities to minister and serve others in the medical field.

These new steps will truly bring new experiences (I'm looking forward to walking to the market, using public transportation, interested to see how this Southern cold-natured girl will adjust to snow, however, not looking forward to the new realm of student loans) but I'm grateful for this opportunity and thrilled to accomplish YET another dream of living outside of the South - something I have longed for during my time spent in New Jersey during college. I'm also looking forward to living near my sweet friend Angela from Auburn - ESPECIALLY as she and her husband Colby welcome their new little one. However, I'm totally bummed that dear Mary and her men have all moved to Phoenix . . . one month before I arrive. She and Rob graciously hosted us while we were up for my grad school interview.

As the afternoon moves on, my time of packing is dwindling. So, I close for now and leave many dear friends and loved ones behind in location, but near in my heart. And as we travel forward, please pray for safe travels and the provision of the perfect home to establish a new life, a continuation of the journey.

3 comments:

Alison said...

When I first started reading, I was going to ask if you knew Angela was up there, but I see that you do!!

Where will you be in PA? We traveled through there a couple of years ago. My brother lives between Baltimore and DC, so we took a little side trip. Beautiful!

The Canada's said...

As I finished up my internship at PHF, my camera was either lost/stolen

I hope this isn't my airlines fault :-(

The Canada's said...

You've been busy! Can't wait to see your pictures! Tell Angela and Colby we said hello and the new little one a kiss when is arrives for us. We will be thinking and praying for you as you get all settled in and start your new journey.